Well, there is no doubt that we live in a digitized and fast-paced world. Right from those chaotic streets to busy restaurants, people are almost everywhere. Therefore, right in the restaurant, the work of Server in such a scenario becomes extremely important. Yes, in this article, you will get to know the exact detailing to make “THE PERFECT” Server Job Description.
Starting with the actual work of the server, we will take you down towards the detailed server resume description and many more things.
What is a Server?
To be precise, a server takes different orders, answer’s people questions about the food, menu, drinks, takes payments, tells staff about the order, seat customers, and does tons of more things.
On the other hand, other names of the server include waitress and waiter.
A Glance at Server Resume Description Template
The first step towards making the server job description is taking a steep look at the template.
We are looking for a passionate Server who will be made responsible to take up the orders. Also, they will be serving food to the customers every single time.
Duties of each server will be a composition of food, drink orders, and writing each of it into a slip.
Also, they must make sure that the tables are served without an issue and all the payments are accurately collected.
To succeed in the server role, your attitude must be ground to earth and of course positive. Further, you must be able to work under pressure situations along with the cook and other staff.
Any sort of past-work experience in such a fast-paced environment is highly appreciated.
Server Duties and Responsibilities
As a server, the employee will be obliged to do different sorts of duties. Below given are the duties and responsibilities, every server has to perform.
- Take up food along with drink orders from customers and deliver the same with a good attitude.
- Write customer’s food orders on different slips and have the capacity to memorize orders.
- Enter different orders into the computer for the kitchen staff to cook accordingly.
- Engage with the customers in a friendly way and always have a smile on your face.
- Have deep knowledge of the menu along with the pricing of every dish.
- Must have the confidence to give suggestions to the customers.
- Making sure that every table is relishing their meals.
- Solve any problem of the customers.
- Capture payments from the customers.
- Prepare different checks along with meal cost including the sales taxes.
- Helping food preparation staff as and when necessary.
Server Credentials/education and Requirements
- Experience in offering amazing customer service in a fast-track restaurant environment.
- High School Diploma background
- A Good down to earth nature along with a positive attitude to deal nicely with the customers.
- The skill to work under pressure with the staff members.
- It must be good to handle money and operate things accurately.
- Must work in a pressure oriented environment and deliver every single order in a time-based manner.
Wrapping Things Up
After reading the entire article, hope you have got every single detail to make a good Server Job Description template.
Yes, there are tons of people who would love the job of being a server. This is especially a good option for people who are eager to enhance their skills and want to earn part-time money.
As an employer, you can keenly go through each of the above guidelines. Thereafter, you can run the ad as per your liking, grab the best lot of Servers and serve your customers in the best possible and exceptional way.