Whether you are a waitress or an employer who is looking for the best Waitress, this article is exclusively for you. Yes, in this article, you will learn about the Waitress job description, duties, and many more things.
Indeed, right after this useful article, you will be able to design a brilliant job description exclusively for a waitress job.
So, without wasting any time, let’s go ahead and unveil the detailed guide of the Job description for the waitress.
A Take at the Waitress Job Description
We are searching for passionate waitresses who can effectively take up the orders, deliver food and beverage to every single customer.
Any waitress who has got the right mind helps uplift the entire dining experience for each of the customers.
We are searching for someone who has patience along with a good personality to handle the customers.
Also, there are tons of waitress duties which the waitress has to follow and must be compelled to please the customers.
One thing you must keep in mind is that you will have to work in shifts and also on weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it’s every single waitress duty to deliver an amazing and pleasing experience to every single customer.
- Greeting the customers by going to their respective tables
- Presenting the menu and offering detailed information on your restaurant’s top food
- Preparing the tables right before the guest have arrived and arranged the plates and glasses
- Informing the customers about every day special items
- Offering specific menu items as per demand
- Up-selling of products whenever you find it suitable
- Taking food along with beverage orders in the most accurate way
- Making use of POS software to take up the food orders
- Checking each customer’s ID and ensuring that their age is above 18 years in the drinking section
- Communicating every single order detail to the kitchen staff
- Serving of food and drinking orders
- Keeping cleanliness of kitchen along with dishes on top
- Arranging the tables and keeping the dining area clean and tidy
- Check every delivering and collect the billing payments
- Must carry every dirty plate, glass, and other utensils to the cleaning area
- Meet with the staff and review everyday specials and reservation details
- Follow all health-oriented practices and maintain a sense of hygiene within the restaurant
- Delivering top-notch customer service support to the customers
Waitress Credentials/Education & Requirements
- Past experience being a waitress
- Hands-on experience with the ordering information system and the cash register is a plus
- The basic skill of maths
- Background in a high school diploma
- Study of Food Safety training is a massive plus
- Must have good communication and presentation skills
- Eager to listen to customers in a patience manner
- Must have great organizing skills and must be able to work in a high-paced environment
- Eager to enhance the spirit of work among team members
- Flexible learning to different skills
- Active listening and having brilliant communication skills
Final Word of Mouth
Well, being a waitress is definitely a steep task. Hence, if you are planning to take up a waitress job, you will have to go through the above Waitress job description and understand what exactly is needed for the waitress job.
On the other hand, as a restaurant employer, you have got an entire guideline you will have to establish in front of the employees. Also, as per your view, you can alter the above guideline, as and when needed.
Right now, all you can do is to bring the above guideline/template in front of the employees. Eventually, you can gather some of the best waitresses, train them and take your restaurant name to new heights of success and glory.